Nebia is seeking a Customer Experience Associate to join our growing but close-knit team. You will directly serve customers by answering questions and providing information around product, service, fulfillment, brand, and troubleshooting. You should enjoy problem solving and spinning negative experiences into positive ones through simple, friendly communication. You must be a great writer that can maintain an upbeat tone using language that's easy to understand. You will work closely with the rest of our CX team and our Business Operations team.
What you’ll be doing
- Deliver joyful and memorable interactions with customers and build long lasting relationships where possible.
- Effectively solve 50-75 tickets per day.
- Tag and organize data, in spreadsheets and other systems, to enable the engineering, operations and marketing teams to improve the product and customer experience.
- Contribute to and build internal support resources to improve the efficiency of the support team and improve the customer experience.
- Escalate more complicated issues to level two support team and triage tickets when necessary.
- Work in our growing Mexico City office, collaborating closely with the San Francisco team.
- Keep an ear to the ground for what’s happening with Marketing, Web development, and Product development to infuse that information to improve the customer journey.
- 1+ years of experience in customer experience and a proven track record of great customer service experience.
- Excellent English verbal & written communication skills, you can explain complex issues in simple terms and adapt your tone for different users.
- Highly motivated and accountable self-starter who takes initiative whenever possible.
- Strong people skills — you are friendly, empathetic, a good listener, and you’re invigorated by constant personal interaction.
- Familiarity with standard support tools Zendesk, Jira, Slack, Gmail, Chat, CRMs, google sheets.
- Past startup experience is a plus.
- Bonus points for SaaS/tech startup customer support experience.
- Empathy with a skill for understanding what a customer really needs and why they need it.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills.
- Dependability, reliability, and punctuality are all key.
- Good sense of humor.
- Enjoys helping others
- The opportunity: Contribute at a growing, mission-driven San Francisco/Mexico City startup.
- The team: Join a team of thoughtful individuals who truly care about the work we do.
- The offices: Our multiple offices mean that a change of location is available. Work out of our beautiful space in Mexico City or from our San Francisco HQ.
- The work-life balance: You can take time off as needed. We work hard but understand the value of time off too.
- Outside the office: Whether it's visiting a museum together or going on a hike, the life of a Nebian goes beyond business hours.
- The convenience: It may sound strange at first, but having a world-class shower room in the office is incredibly useful.