Nebia is seeking an Engineering Project Manager (EPM) or Project Manager (PM) to join our growing but close-knit Product Design (PD) team. You will use your project management expertise to manage and communicate project definition, project budget, development milestones, project schedules, and project status across new and continuing product development. Additionally, you will ensure manufacturing and build schedules are on track with all Contract Manufacturers.
- Build and maintain cross-team organization, priorities, communication, and management - across Engineering, Operations, Marketing, Contract Manufacturers, and outside vendors
- Develop, maintain and drive project design development plans, budget, and schedules
- Run meetings and document meeting minutes, action items and progress
- Identify and prioritize project tasks and risks and the development of contingency plans
- Provide reminders of upcoming deadlines, sometimes on a daily or every other day basis, being sure people know deadlines well ahead of time. Understand what format is most useful for different team members (email, slack, in person, etc.).
- Create realistic schedule of high-level due dates to hit builds and launch dates
- Report and present project status and escalations to founding team
- Drive suppliers, integrate their deliverables and schedules into the project
- Work out of our Mexico City office with some travel required (approximately 3% to 10%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or technical management
- 3-5 years of industry experience in Project Management
- Excellent verbal (English & Spanish) and written interpersonal skills
- Experienced in setting up project schedules and work breakdown structures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative whenever possible
- Detail orientated, organized, and capable of handling multiple assignments at once
- A technical background in engineering is a plus
- A project management certification (e.g., PMP, CAMP) is a plus
- Experience fostering relationships and teamwork with manufacturers, driving OEM partners and handling development builds
- Experience in product development process as an engineer or project manager is a plus (Agile, Jira, etc.)
- Practical experience working through manufacturing challenges with external vendors, suppliers, and contract manufacturers
- Experience managing a product through a complete design cycle
- Previous startup experience is a plus
- The opportunity: Contribute at a growing, mission-driven San Francisco startup.
- The team: Join a team of thoughtful individuals who truly care about the work we do.
- The offices: Our multiple offices mean that a change of location is always available. Work out of our beautiful space in Mexico City or from our San Francisco HQ.
- The work-life balance: You can take time off as needed. We work hard but understand the value of time off too.
- Outside the office: Whether it's visiting a museum together or going on a hike, the life of a Nebian goes beyond business hours.
- The convenience: It may sound strange at first, but having a world-class shower room in the office is incredibly useful.